Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's Time... to Make History!

Well, they did it. The Texas Rangers are going to the World Series for the first time in Texas baseball history!!!

There's nothing like a game-watching party at Memaw's house complete with McDonald's french fries and plenty of yelling and cheering! Watching our boys hit homerun after homerun and strike out batter after batter was amazing. And against the Yankees, no less. I think the greatest moment was when Feliz struck out A. Rod to win the game- it just doesn't get much better than that!! God certainly does bless people who put their faith in him and give him all the glory... ahem, Josh Hamilton, MVP. :-)

It makes me smile to remember all the July 4ths we spent at the ballpark cheering on the Rangers and watching the fireworks. I know that if my Uncle Alan were here, he would be the most enthusiastic of us all. I know he was smiling last night. He most certainly was. :)

And when, not if, they win the World Series, he and God will be cheering together.

No comments: