Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Michael Buble & A Turkey

If you're wondering what on earth the title of this post means... it's the first thing I thought of. :) Right now I'm sitting on my bed, writing on the laptop and listening to Michael Buble's version of "For Once In My Life". And Thanksgiving is 2 days away- that's where the turkey came from. :)

Tomorrow morning, the 5 of us are leaving on a road trip to visit family for Thanksgiving. I've stocked up on my reading material for the car ride- "Cranford" by Elizabeth Gaskell (I LOVED the Masterpiece Theater show that aired on PBS last year and I just found out that it was originally a book. HELLO!?!?! Why am I just now finding out about this?? I'm a sucker for anything Jane Austen-y.) and "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" by C.S. Lewis. My sister and I saw the preview for the new movie on TV last night and I realized that I should probably re-read the book before I see the movie, just as a refresher. I might be able to finish these books on the trip, MAYBE being the keyword. I always have such high hopes for the things I'm going to accomplish on the car ride, but I usually become distracted by the scenery and possible photo ops. Not to mention talking, listening to the radio, and trying not to think about how much you had to drink before you left the house. So much for reading! Anyway, on another note, I got my SAT scores back today!

I had dreaded this day for as long as I could remember- second only to test day. I started to mentally freak out last night, but it was all for nothing, as usual. This is just another incredible example of God's providence and how He has continually showed me time after time that I have nothing to be afraid of as long as He is on my side. What are a few measly Algebra questions compared to my God? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! I worry and study and worry and study some more... cram a little bit... worry a bit more... and I so conveniently forget that I am not alone in this! I am so incredibly thankful that He is with me always! And my test scores show that I most certainly had some heavenly help. :)

So, after all that excitement today, I had to go clean the bathroom. Because everyone knows that coming back from a trip to a nice, clean house is always better than the alternative! Especially when you have to share a bathroom with your 14 year old brother. I love him, but he just Does. Not. Care. So it's up to me to keep it grime free. And so far, I have failed miserably.

Well, now that it's 11 pm and I'm all done packing, I'm gonna watch me some Reba and maybe make myself some hot chocolate... even though it's 85 degrees outside, I just now realized that it's raining (when we had perfectly clear skies all day long!) and I'm wearing shorts... for the 3rd day in a row. Because I live in the bipolar state, I gotta take what I can get and pretend like it's supposed to be "almost winter".

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for this year?

No comments: