I've been home for almost a week now and I just finished the last of my unpacking this afternoon. My least favorite part of the end of my Bible Bowl year is always filing my text away with the other texts from previous years. It's like taking off my right arm and burying it in the backyard. By the last day of Nationals, you've spent so many grueling hours poring over it, analyzing it and studying it until there's nothing left but facts that will be useless in 24 hours. Not entirely useless, as it is the Word of God. But really, who's going to remember what foods or body parts are in 2 Timothy 4? Not me. I had a hard enough time remembering them when they were actually relevant.
So now my summer days are spent sleeping in, eating breakfast/lunch/anything I can find in the refridgerator, reading and staying up late watching movies. Yes, I'll admit it. I am lazy. But my brain is rejoicing! Since we're talking about summer, I thought I'd make a list of some of my favorite things about this blessed season:
1. Watermelon- There's nothing better than eating ice cold watermelon with the juice running down your chin!
2. The swimming pool- A refreshing, cool reprieve from the heat. Not to mention, you can't even feel your skin being fried to a golden crisp when you're in the water! :-)
3. Sleepovers- No school + good friends = sleepovers, duh!
4. The library- Now that I actually have time to read, I can take home 50 lbs. of books without feeling guilty!
5. Plenty of photo opportunities! Like these:
Moss Rose
Hai Li's Forget-Me-Nots that are finally blooming!
Baby watermelons that Dad planted in the garden.
Curious Jazz!
The pine tree stump on our back porch.
Mom and I attempted to do a "Facebook profile picture" photo shoot. Somebody wasn't cooperating... I wonder who? :-)
So far, my plan to document my summer in pictures is working out well. Check back for more photos and summer memories!
2 comments:
Doodle, you are a wonderful writer! I love your flower and family photos and especially the ones of your bebe sister when the two of you were "hanging out." You have become a real wordsmith --probably the result of all the reading you've done since you were tiny! It's a gift and is fun for me to get to enjoy reading your accounts of activities, etc. So proud of you and love you VERY much. Mimi
Thanks, Mimi! I enjoy writing, but the summer seems like the only time I have to devote to it. I'm hoping to do better this school year. :-) We'll see! Keep checking back for more posts! It keeps me going when I know people are reading and commenting. I love you!
Post a Comment