Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Beginning of Summer...

I've been absolutely terrible about posting pictures once or twice a month. Do you want to know why? Because it's summer tournament season!!! :-)

A week and a half ago, all of the high schoolers and a few sponsors from our Bible Bowl team went on our annual trip to Milligan College and Kentucky Christian University to compete in the first summer tournaments of the year. We ALWAYS look forward to this trip with much anticipation! Needless to say, we were not disappointed! Team 3 made it all the way to the stage in the double elimination tournament at Milligan and won the championship game! (I should mention that 3 out of the 4 members on Team 3 had never been to Milligan before. What an awesome experience!) At KCU, my team, Team 2, played in the semi-finals of the double elim. and got 3rd place. Team 1 got 1st place in the Round Robin at KCU as well. Overall, it was a wonderful week for all of our teams!

There are so many things about this trip that make it special each and every year. I love how we grow as individuals and as a team. I am always overwhelmed by how blessed I am to have such incredible friends who are also my family. The laughter, the tears, the drama, the memories and the friendships are all part of what makes every summer special. God is so good!

Frankie, Miranda and I spent an evening walking around Milligan's campus and wading in the creek, so I did get a little photography time after all. :-) Since I missed my "picture of the month," I'll post some of the ones I took on our walk.

This is a pretty purple flower after the rainstorm.


An awesome sunset in the Smoky Mountains.


This isn't one I took on the walk, it's just a picture of our team on "Maurice" the Buffalo. :-)


Some flowers outside the cafeteria.


Pretty lilies on the hillside.


More lilies.


Pink and yellow Lantana.


Seeger Chapel, where the championship game was held.


Trees on the campus.


The water wheel in the creek.


Just a random architecture shot of a part of the gazebo.


Well, we are about to leave for our next tournament in 2 days, and I am so excited to see what will happen next. I will be sure to write and post more pictures! See you in a week! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome pics girl! i love seeing how God reveals Himself to you and i think its amazing how involved u r in ur Bible Bowl!!! i love youuu, - k