It's me again.
I think I've realized something about myself. I've always wondered why it was so difficult for me to keep a journal, and now I know. I have no patience anymore!!! I don't know when it left! I used to be a pretty patient little kid, but I think that somewhere in between ages 13 and 16, my patience has significantly dwindled to ZERO. As you can plainly see, I cannot regularly write on my blog to save my life. My last entry was over a month ago.
In between finishing the last weeks of school, raising money for my Bible Bowl trips, trying to find clothes for those Bible Bowl trips, worrying about taking entry tests for dual credit classes at my local community college, planning the remainder of my summer to finish chemistry, finally get my driver's license, take a vacation to Disney World and other things, I HAVE NO PATIENCE LEFT!!!!!!!!!
Reason #1 for having a blog: to release all that pent up frustration by complaining about how hectic your life is because you can't even find time to write it in a journal! Wow, do I feel better! :-) No, really, I got a blog so I could talk about the interesting things in my life... and those are few and far between these days.
I think this has all brought me to realize that I can't do anything without God. When I slack off on my Bible reading, and praying no longer becomes an instant reaction, everything seems to go hopelessly wrong. My life gets more stressful and I no longer have the patience to deal with it the right way. In an age of Twitter, Taco Bell Express, and instant coffee, we slowly start to forget to make our time with God a priority because we don't have the time or the PATIENCE to sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk with Him. And trust me, I can say that I struggle with this every minute of every day. I like to eat fast, read fast, talk fast, walk fast, text fast, run fast, sleep fast... and never mind.
So this week, I am putting myself up to the test of starting my busy day spending time with God, because I know that if I put him first, He'll give me the patience to deal with anything!!!
<3 MILO
No comments:
Post a Comment