Sunday, December 27, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

Well, it turns out that we got a white Christmas after all!!! On Christmas morning, we gathered around the tree to open presents while we enjoyed the gorgeous display of sparkly white powder on the street outside. It was beautiful!!! My childhood prayer has finally been answered.

We had a very fun, relaxing Christmas. The party on Christmas Eve was a riot! We always have so much fun laughing and stuffing our faces with too much food. Here are a few pics of the family:

Dad & Uncle Joe chowing down




Hai Li & Memaw



The 3 M's- Mackenzie, Madison & Me



The Skater Boys- Clay & Luke



Bailey Zat (a.k.a. Mrs. Claus) asleep under the Christmas tree



Mackenzie, Uncle Joe & Aunt Zana



The Family



Early on Christmas morning, we opened presents as a family. This is what we saw outside our window:









This was just the beginning of the freak Texas snowstorm. We got about 4-5 inches total and it was AMAZING!!!! There are still a few white patches remaining. Every time I see one, I'm tempted to jump in and make a snow angel!

We spent a good hour opening presents as a family and trying out Mario Kart, which was our group gift for this year. It's addicting, let me tell you! Here we are on Christmas morning:




















The rest of our Christmas day was spent at Mimi & Pappy's house. This is a big part of our Christmas tradition and we enjoyed every minute of it!

Mimi & Hai Li



Mom & Luke



Hai Li



Dad & Me (or is it Dad and I???)




Even our pets got into the Christmas spirit! Haha!

Sweet Valentine...



Talk about no room in the inn!!! :-)



Jazz Baby



Umm... I asked for a cat last Christmas...



Overall, it was a very special Christmas. I hope everyone has enjoyed this holiday season and is looking forward to the new year. I know I am!






P.S. Only 363 more days 'til Christmas!!!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved this post M! I love reading you blog! Thanks for sharing! Hope 2 c u soon:) love ya, K